Jonny is a little superhero with a BIG problem. His Mum is sick. How can he help?
JOIN Jonny and Bear, as they go to the hospital to investigate.
LEARN who the staff working in the hospital are and what they do.
DISCOVER Jonny's secret weapon.
Read alsoWhat Does Super Jonny Do When Mom Gets Sick? (US version)
Jonny is a little superhero with a BIG problem. His Mom is sick. How can he help?JOIN Jonny and Bear, as they go to the hospital to investigate.LEARN who the staff working in the hospital are and what they do.DISCOVER Jonny's secret weapon.Why do DOCTORS buy Super Jonny for their waiting rooms?1. They LOVE the message.…
Why do DOCTORS buy Super Jonny for their waiting rooms?
1. They LOVE the message. (It's suitable for ALL AGES!).
2. It TEACHES patients about hospitals
3. It is suitable for ALL PATIENTS (multi-disciplinary).
4. They LOVE the fact that teachers can use Super Jonny to support a patient's family.
5. It has great reviews from 3 sectors.
Why do TEACHERS buy Super Jonny for their schools?
1. Although the story is about Mum, it applies to ANY family member (Mum, Dad, sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle).
2. THEMES include problem solving, critical thinking, persistence and empathy.
3. The question page LINK to education curriculum info for the UK, Australia and NZ.
4. Super Jonny can be used in the classroom.
For more info see sickmom.org
Suitable for ages 2-9* years (*because of subject matter).
What do kids think when their parents get seriously ill? How do they rationalise it? How can parents put it in context for their little ones?
As a radiographer, Simone Colwill saw patients grappling with what to tell their children and how to reassure them. Then she got sick herself. Super Jonny was inspired by her own journey and the way her son learned to cope.
If there's one book you need to reach for when Mum or Dad is hospitalised for any reason, this is it,
Here's what the critics are saying:
Book Sellers New Zealand, "I found this book totally inspirational. ...This is a wonderful story and will help many people."
Barbara Murison (children's literature expert), "The whole book both in text and illustration, radiates with cheerfulness, and will be a useful resource for families."
Marineke G, (curriculum advisor, Auckland College of Education). "Lively and appealing illustrations convey a humorous and positive tone, without diminishing the author's purpose to assist a child with a sick relative. ...I look forward to sharing this picture book with teachers and children."
Good reviews sell books. If you like Super Jonny,please could you help me by leaving a good review on here? Or, join the community page sickmom on facebook.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sickmom/553036291490286?fref=nf